Thursday, February 11, 2010

Out of commission

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post  much recently, but life intervened and recently I was involved in a very serious car accident... I hit a tree on a snowy road and it took them an hour to extricate me from the car.  I've just been discharged from the hospital and I'm a bit laid up right now with a broken sternum and some broken ribs along with various other painful injuries.

On the bright side, I was able to walk out of the hospital and given the seriousness of the crash it could have been much much worse.  I'm honestly lucky to be alive.

So I'll be taking some time to heal before I post again or before I begin interacting again on the sites I normally do like pharyngula.  Good health to you all and I hope to be back writing again soon. Feel free to leave a comment and say hello.

Take care.

16 comments:

  1. Yikes! Saying good thing it wasn't worse doesn't help much, but still. Rest up and concentrate on yourself for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky that the Lord saved you from the wreck. However, I would question His distribution of snow...it just seems dangerous to let so much of it fall on the road.

    Kidding aside, I hope you get better.

    Antiochus Epiphanes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh... don't make me laugh, Antiochus Epiphanes... it's bad for my broken sternum. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah no, poor CE!

    Rest up, and get better; if fooling around on the computer is a strain, that is bad. Glad you're (mostly) okay...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celtic_Evolution,

    Very glad to hear you are alive, though sorry to hear of your injuries, and I wish you speedy recovery! All the best!

    Still learning,

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know you are well. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

    Gyeong Hwa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon.

    Walton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celtic_Evolution, that is scary! I'm glad you came out of it alive, got discharged so quickly, and were able to share your story with us. Here's to your health!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get well Celtic Evolution. Glad to hear you don't have to be in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some folks will do anything for blog traffic...

    [/contemptible humor] Hoping those medicine gods & immune system gods & bone knitting gods are doin' their thing(s).

    --Diane G.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey C_E; glad you survived. Hope the recuperation isn't going to be too dull; I know I hate being restricted by illness/injury.

    Wowbagger

    ReplyDelete
  12. May your structural integrity be restored soon. I absolutely promise to neither pray for you, nor urge others to do so! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch! I managed to bang up a couple ribs last month. I can surely empathize with you.

    May your recuperative powers stun the medical world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. C_E, I'm glad you weren't too badly hurt; get better soon.

    ReplyDelete