Friday, May 22, 2009

New to you

As this is my first blog entry I feel a little like I'm talking to myself... but ahh, well.  Won't be the craziest thing I've done this week.

I won't go into an ego-driven lengthy descrption of who I am, my likes and dislike, blah, blah, blah, as I don't intend this to be a personal ad to 'pick up chicks' on teh intertubes.  So I'll just make a quick entry about the blog and why I've started it.

I'm a part time writer, and regular contributor to several other blogs across the webs, and thought I'd really like a forum to express my own opinions on the topics that matter to me.  So yeah, that makes me person number 1,356,247,212 to start a blog for the same reason.  Nonetheless, I will forge ahead to give you my thoughts on the topics I have listed in my blog description above.  

In doing so, I will state up front, for the record, that I am a liberal, an atheist, and a freethinker. And I have rather strong opinions on matters that touch these subjects.  So I will be speaking about them regularly.  I'm also a movie buff and music lover... so there will be plenty of my own reviews and thoughts on both.  OH... and if you don't already hate me based on my description, I'm also a huge Red Sox fan, so that should push any of you fence-sitters over the edge.

I hope you enjoy the blog, and I welcome your comments and feedback.  And speaking of which, I'm not one for censorship, so I won't just try to ditch comments I don't like or agree with... but I will toss out junk comments that are just "drive-by ad-homs" or basic stupidity for stupidity's sake.  There.  That should be about it.  Enjoy!

1 comment: